Catchy Name a new company is like buying a headquarters for your business: you might be tempted to opt for a less costly solution, like a low quality brand with a domain with an alternative extension, that corresponds to investing in an suburban office on a side street and poor communication. That will save you a lot of initial expense, but it will also cost you a lot more down the road.
But if you really care about the growth potential of your new business, you know that funds invested in professional, well located and communicated HQ premises on a main street of the capital is an investment in the future of your company. The same goes for choosing a business brand for your company: if you go for a professional, memorable, catchy and easily marketable brand, the upfront cost will be much higher than with a random name picked from a name generator, but you will open wonderful growth opportunities and market presence for your business. To successfully name a company you need to make some research following the top 10 rules of naming companies.
The top 10 rules of business naming are:
- Pick the most memorable and catchy name that you can afford. The name that is forgettable, or easily confused with many similar names is a recipe for disaster, as your customers will struggle to remind themselves what was the go-to name, and you will leak targeted traffic to all your competitors.
- Opt for the shortest name in your reach, as shorter brands are much easier to memorize and to visualize, and are simply more catchy. Even better if the brand name is not only short but also sticks in mind easily – that would be a true gem. Innovative names for company that are short are unfortunately hard to find.
- Com domain.Secure a domain in com extension that exactly matches your brand. Anything less than that, like opting for a cheap alternative extension, and you will surely lose traffic in favor of the top com domain.
- Pick a unique company name that has some special quality or a captivating vibe to it, which makes future marketing efforts a lot less expensive. You can save millions on marketing expenses if your brand is catchy and appealing. Best start-up names are creative, and business names are usually recognizable and make sure your business or product will not be mistaken for your competitor.
- Informative or versatile. Brand name ideally should convey some information about your company mission, you product or the scope of your service. That is however difficult in case of businesses with a wide scope of operations, market groups and global companies. In such case the name should be versatile and general enough to encompass all the future fields of activity.
- Make sure your new business brand is easy to say, to spell and to write down in all target languages that you may opt to operate in. In most cases you will be fine by choosing a neat, pronounceable invented word that passes the radio test in English. The radio test means that you should be able to write down the brand just by hearing it. If the business name contains a deliberate spelling mistake (a misspelled brand) it should be easily explainable. Avoid names that include complicated misspellings.
- A name that is refined and elegant will be easily associated with high quality, professional or even premium service. A polished brand name conveys business quality better than promotion efforts. Best name for a company will have a dose of inherent elegance.
- A visually appealing and attractive brand name, like those framed by the same letter, or with a repeating syllable, or with attractive alliteration, or with the same letter count in words are a great asset, considered as best startup names, because these qualities increase recognition and memorability of a start-up name,and make logo design easier and more effective.
- Best name for a company will be rhythmic or rhyming, and this are quality is a big upside to be taken into account when naming companies.
- Check if the chosen brand name is already trademarked for use in your industry and in your target market (target country). There are existing and expired trademarks for a lot of business names, but you need to take care only of your target niche, and your specific product and service range. You can always legally sell apples using the word ‘Apple’ as part of your brand, and you can always service Amazon trips using the word ‘Amazon’ in your brand. You must be aware however that a trademarked and registered brand limits your scope of usage to the unprotected areas of activity.
There are agencies that will help find your new company name or to rebrand your existing business using short, memorable, unique brand names for startups, apps,services and products. Find a name for a new company or rebrand a business easily choosing from a selection of available business name ideas that include dot com domain and logo. Quickly name a business or rebrand. Find the best brand name for a new business from a wide array of professional and catchy startup names and business name ideas. Pick a domain to name a new company or rebrand a project.