Are you a newbie in the world of website development? You may have a lot of questions in your mind about which web hosting type to select and which plan to buy. The most common type of web hosting you have heard must be shared hosting and WordPress hosting. Deciding on which type of web hosting to choose will determine your website’s success. Let us take a glance of difference between the two.
Let’s understand what shared hosting and WordPress hosting means
Shared hosting is quite popular among small website owners, that don’t require a large amount of resources or customization. This is the most economical web hosting service. The setup process is not at all complex and is really a perfect choice for small or medium websites.
WordPress hosting is specially made for websites built using WordPress platform. WordPress hosting provides excellent performance and flexibility. A managed WordPress hosting India provider handles all the technical details of your website so that, you can focus on the important aspects of your business.
The Advantages of Shared Hosting
- This is the most low-cost web hosting plan.
- If you have an unlimited shared hosting plan you never have to worry about running out of disk space.
- You have the flexibility to use any CMS for your website such as Joomla, Drupal, Magento, etc.
The Advantages of WordPress Hosting
- Since this server is specially built for WordPress websites it is highly optimized with advanced caching to deliver better performing websites.
- One of the important factors that depend upon the performance of your website is the software behind it. If the software is up to date and has security patches installed regularly, it will help your website to maintain its performance and safeguard from the latest threats.
- WordPress hosting also has a backup option available so that you can restore your website if necessary.
Which one should you choose?
When should you choose MilesWeb shared hosting:
- You have a small/medium business and need to have a website.
- If you are looking for budget-friendly web hosting plans.
- CMS platform used to build your website is other than WordPress. Like: Magento, OpenCart, Drupal, Joomla, etc.
- You don’t want any technical burden such as managing server, monitoring website, etc.
When should you choose MilesWeb WordPress hosting:
- If your website is built using the WordPress platform.
- If you have an online store and security is one of the concerns of your website.
- You want your hosting provider to take care of WordPress updates, security patches, automatic backups,etc.
MilesWeb Shared Hosting Plans
MilesWeb linux shared hosting plans starts from Rs.60 per month. With this plan- “Lite” you can host a single website with 1 GB SSD disk space, 10 GB bandwidth and SSL certificate. Along with this you also get cPanel, Softaculous, MySQL databases and 2 email accounts.
Another plan of MilesWeb is Deluxe that costs you Rs.210 for a month. 3 websites can be hosted with this plan, 5 GB SSD disk space, 50 GB bandwidth, SSL certificate, cPanel, Softaculous, 5 My SQL databases and 10 email accounts.
The Ultimate plan of MilesWeb lets you host 5 websites with 100 GB bandwidth, 10 GB SSD disk space, SSL certificate, 10 My SQL databases, 20 email accounts along with cPanel and softaculous.
MilesWeb WordPress Hosting Plans
MilesWeb has total 6 plans for WordPress hosting, Ace, Heart, Diamond with Jetpack features of Free version and Jack, Queen and King with Jetpack Premium/ Professional features.
The Ace plan price is as low as Rs.69 for a month. You can host one WordPress website with this plan and you get 1 GB SSD disk space, 5 GB bandwidth, and SSL certificate.
The Heart and Diamond plan has a free domain, unlimited disk space, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited email accounts, SSL certificate. The only difference between both these plans is the number of websites. The Heart plan lets you host a single website while Diamond plan lets you host 3 sites.
The Jack plan has Jetpack Premium plan features with 5 GB disk space, 10,000 monthly visitors, 10 email accounts and SSL certificate. The Queen and King plan have unlimited SSD storage, unlimited email accounts, and SSL certificate. The only difference is that Queen plan has Jetpack Premium features and supports up 20,000 visitors. While the King plan has Jetpack professional features and supports 30,000 visitors.
Before you finally decide on which web hosting to buy, ensure that the choice you make can take care of all the current project requirements and doesn’t low down the performance of your website and user experience. In case your web hosting choice goes wrong, you will have to migrate your server every now and then to discover the appropriate web hosting that suits your site requirements.