DevOps is the software development methodology that improves collaboration, enhances deployments and a lot more. DevOps gives you a system development lifecycle while delivering features like faster time to market, no redundancy, solving errors, etc.
DevOps is a professional moment that promotes collaboration between development and operations team resulting in continuous delivery and deployment.
High performing teams can deploy more and at a faster rate.
How Are Deployments handled?
- 5 % of the processes are highly automated
- 25 % of deployments are still manual
- 70 % use a combination of manual and automation processes
DevOps uses a toolchain methodology rather than a single tool for development. The development team plans create, verifies and do the packaging. After which the operations team release, configure and monitor.
A quick insight into DevOps
It is an agile technique and a mix of the following
- Software Development
- Quality Assurance
- Technology operations
Core Benefits of DevOps
- Enables faster time to market
- Helps to eliminate redundant system
- Increase monitoring of active work processes
- Brings in cultural overhaul in the IT department
- Increased collaboration and interaction between departments
- Reduced lead time while solving issues
DevOps is an agile development process. With the adoption of DevOps, there is a demand for an increased rate of production, the wide availability of cloud infrastructure, increased focus on test automation and configuration management.