YouTube totally dominates video marketing. In 90% of cases where we talk about video marketing, we really mean YouTube. So, what makes this such an essential platform in the modern world of advertising?

Why YouTube?

YouTube is now the second-largest search engine in the world (after Google) and the second-largest social network by the number of active users (after Facebook). And compared to Facebook’s various functions, it speaks volumes that most YouTube users go there to do just one thing: to watch videos! Let’s take a look at the numbers:

  • YouTube has 2 billion users worldwide (Statista, 2019).
  • Every day, people watch one billion hours of videos on YouTube and generate billions of views (YouTube, 2019).
  • 720,000 hours of video are uploaded every day to YouTube. (To put this into perspective, it would take you nearly 82 years to watch the number of videos uploaded to YouTube within just one hour).
  • 62% of businesses use YouTube as a channel to post video content (Buffer, 2019).
  • 90% of people say they discover new brands or products on YouTube (Thinkwithgoogle, 2019).

Brand awareness strategy with YouTube

Ready for another mind-blowing factoid? Within YouTube there is a TrueView advertising format, where you only pay if a user watches at least 30 seconds of your ad without clicking on the skip button. This means that if 29 seconds of the video are viewed, you don’t have a pay a penny. 

Just think what a powerful tool this is for brand awareness. According to statistics, on average only 5% of people fall under the requirements for payment, leaving 95% worth of free advertising for you! 

These viewers will watch at least the first 6 seconds of your video, meaning you pay nothing for this opportunity to promote your company. There is no comparison with outdated advertising methods like banner ads, where people have long ceased to notice their presence, let alone their content.

Where can I get video for advertising?

After reading the YouTube statistics above, you’d be mad not to feel inspired to incorporate this into your marketing strategy. The only catch? You first need to acquire some video for advertising.

We all know that a normal advertising can cost you thousands or even tens of thousands. And this is very far from the usual costs of creating banner and text ads, where everything is in the hundreds.

However, it’s not necessary to resort to expensive production methods to create a video advert. For most businesses, the following solutions will suffice:

1. Online video maker (, animoto, etc.)

At the moment, this is the most affordable option for creating videos for marketing purposes. However, it’s worth remembering that the quality of the resulting videos here can be questionable. If making a video yourself, you’ll also need to take into account the time it takes to get acquainted with the online tools of your choice: from testing templates to functionality. So, it bears reminding yourself that although this option may at first glance appear quick and easy, it can quickly turn into a headache.

2. Video editing freelancer:

With this option, you can hand over the task to an experienced specialist, and you will walk away with a great video. What isn’t so great is the cost. An editor with enough marketing knowledge to create an impactful advertising script will not be cheap. Meanwhile, you’ll still have to spend time finding the right person for the job.

3. One step video production company:

This is currently your best bet. You can forget all the hassle and pass the work on to a professional yet affordable and reliable agency, like The essence of the process is quite simple: all you need to do is send over your raw content to the agency and choose the appropriate advertising template. Everything else will be done for you. You don’t need to spend your time looking for suitable staff, puzzling over a marketing strategy, and paying for the pleasure. The price for a finished video from starts at £149 and the production time takes between just 24 and 48 hours. Seriously tempting.

YouTube is the present and future of video marketing, so now’s the time to get on board. And we can’t think of a better way to do so than with an affordable one-stop video production solution.