Digital marketing has changed the way brands engage with consumers using a myriad of strategies. From social media ads and expertly written blogs to SEO tactics and email marketing, there are plenty of ways brands can use digital marketing to reach out to the right audience. Email marketing is a strategy that can be used to build trust, loyalty, and relationships over a period of time. Here are some email strategies to help enhance your overall digital marketing efforts:
Humanise Your Email To Make The Recipient Feel Acknowledged
Every professional digital marketing agency knows that simply sending out impersonal emails with no relevance and context will have no effect. Remember that you want to connect with a user so it is worth humanizing your emails. This makes the reader feel special and you will find it easier to grab his or her attention. Consider the following:
- Make sure you use the reader’s first name when addressing him or her at the start.
- Send milestone emails on birthdays, anniversaries or other events related specifically to the reader.
- Send location-based information to trigger a direct call-to-action from the user.
People tend to feel good when they are being directly acknowledged on a personal level based on their preferences. This level of personalization can humanize your brand while allowing you to interact on a deeper level with a particular prospect for your business.
Make Sure The Content Is Relevant To The Customer’s Need
Any email that contains irrelevant content will be discarded and you may even be blocked by the user so you need to ensure that your email content is relevant to a need. Consider the following:
- Email content should address the needs of the recipient.
- Email content should contain information that resonates with the recipient’s interests.
- Email content should offer solutions to real problems faced by the recipient.
- Email content should be different every time as the recipient will get bored of similar information.
- Email content should include a mix of images and videos to avoid being too text heavy.
- Email content should be short and concise.
You need to give due consideration to the content in your email especially because you don’t want your readers to get bored and move on before they have even finished reading the first line.
Be Clever With Your Email Timing And Frequency
In a busy world, getting time from people is precious. This means that your email needs to make an impact from the outset. Emails that arrive at the wrong time and too often will go unopened for the most part – rendering your efforts useless. You need to be clear with both timing and frequency to ensure emails are opened and click-through rates are higher. Consider the following:
- What day and time is best for your target audience to check and open emails?
- When does your audience spend time online the most?
- How often should you send emails based on the freshness of your content?
- How can you showcase a benefit to get recipients to click through from your email?
Even if you have a fantastic offer, chances are people won’t open it if your timing is off or if you’ve sent emails too many times within a short timeframe. You need to pay attention to the behavior of your target audience so you can plan the timing and frequency of emails more effectively.
Engage With The Recipient By Generating An Action
While not every email needs to end with a sale, you should find a way to engage with the recipient by generating an action for greater brand recall and email marketing success. Consider the following examples:
- Add a link within the email where the recipient can provide feedback on the information in the email.
- Get the recipient to fill out some survey or questionnaire to get him or her interested in your products.
- Intrigue the reader with a special email-only offer.
These actions will give you better insights into the behavior of readers so you are able to determine what has worked and what hasn’t.
Email marketing isn’t just about shooting off multiple emails to recipients in the hope of gaining some conversions, nor does it have to be complicated. There needs to be a well-considered strategy to ensure you’re getting the most bang for your buck if you’ve chosen this digital marketing route.